What Size Collar Does You Corgi Wear?

This is a discussion on What Size Collar Does You Corgi Wear? within the General Corgi Discussions forums, part of the General category; I have been wondering what size collar to get my corgi? What size should I get for a puppy and ...

Join Date Oct 2006
    Location Minnesota
    Posts 290

What Size Collar Does You Corgi Wear?

I have been wondering what size collar to get my corgi? What size should I get for a puppy and waht size for an adult?
    Join Date Aug 2006
    Posts 4,320
    deleted post
    Last edited by Dillydoodle; 04-16-2007 at 09:49 AM.
    Join Date Oct 2006
    Location Minnesota
    Posts 290
    There are some I found that do have the size in inches. It is very confusing.
    Global Moderator
    Join Date Apr 2006
    Location Northeast TN
    Posts 2,760
    You can take your pup right into Petsmart or most of the other pet stores and fit your pup with a collar. Make sure that there is some growing room in it. The rule of thumb ( I do believe) is when it is buckled on, three fingers should fit comfortably between the neck and the collar. You may want to ask a clerk for some help. If you leave a collar on all the time, check it often to make sure that it doesn't get to tight around the puppy's neck. There has been many cases where a collar has grown into the neck of a dog when the collar becomes to small.
    Bonnie

A Good Home, Loving Family and Three Loyal Corgis at my feet - I am truly Blessed.
    Join Date Aug 2006
    Posts 4,320
    deleted post
    Last edited by Dillydoodle; 04-16-2007 at 08:40 AM.
    Global Moderator
    Join Date Oct 2006
    Location Fort Worth, TX
    Posts 931
    Dog(s): Shippo
    Shippo's neck is like 15 inches now, and he's a year old in a couple days. I prefer the nice, thick collars. the ones that are an inch thick are ideal for me... easy to grab and hold. >^_^< For Shippo's birthday, I'm getting him a nice, fleece-lined hemp collar from Planet Dog. The medium one. <3
    Join Date Jun 2006
    Location Macungie, PA
    Posts 57
    Foxy had a "small" when she was a pup... at about 5 or 6 months old, I noticed it was getting tighter, and we'd let it out as far as it would go. I moved her up to a "medium" and she seems to be good with that. I think Medium fits between 13 and 17 inch necks.

Hope that helps...

FoxysMommy
    Join Date Oct 2006
    Location Minnesota
    Posts 290
    Thank you guys.
    Join Date Oct 2006
    Location Minnesota
    Posts 290
    I was planning on making a few stops cause it will take about 3-6 hours to get home so that the puppy didn't go to the bathroom in the car. That is why I need the collar now. That is the only reason I asked about this.
    Join Date Aug 2006
    Posts 4,320
    deleted post
    Last edited by Dillydoodle; 04-16-2007 at 08:36 AM.
    Join Date Apr 2006
    Posts 3,199
    Originally Posted by behinderhereyes
    I was planning on making a few stops cause it will take about 3-6 hours to get home so that the puppy didn't go to the bathroom in the car. That is why I need the collar now. That is the only reason I asked about this.

It sounds like you are then getting your new pup sooner than planned? I am with Emilie in that I would not want to take a young pup around rest areas either if it has not had all its shots.
    Global Moderator
    Join Date Apr 2006
    Location Northeast TN
    Posts 2,760
    When we picked Chip up, we had to travel about 7 hours and he would not pee in his crate. We ended up putting a peepad in the back window for him to use. I wouldn't stop in a rest area to let a baby puppy pee either. It is too risky - some places we have stopped, I didn't even want Chip walking around there and he has all his shots. It is amazing how nasty some to the walk areas are for our dogs.
    Bonnie

A Good Home, Loving Family and Three Loyal Corgis at my feet - I am truly Blessed.
    Join Date Oct 2006
    Location Minnesota
    Posts 290
    I am getting the puppy in about six months. The my breeders dog is already pregnant. I am so excited to see the darling little puppies. I am hoping I will be able to get a tri-colored Pembroke welsh corgi. Even though it is ok if I don't, as long as the puppies is a sweet heart then I will be just fine with him or her.
    Join Date Oct 2006
    Location Minnesota
    Posts 290
    I am getting the puppy in about six months. The my breeders dog is already pregnant. I am so excited to see the darling little puppies. I am hoping I will be able to get a tri-colored Pembroke welsh corgi. Even though it is ok if I don't, as long as the puppies is a sweet heart then I will be just fine with him or her. I even made a blanket for the puppy. The blanket is Whinne the Pooh.
    Join Date Aug 2006
    Posts 4,320
    deleted post
    Last edited by Dillydoodle; 04-16-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page: