New corgi commercial

This is a discussion on New corgi commercial within the General Corgi Discussions forums, part of the General category; Or, at least it is to me...the Celebrex one..where the guy takes his dog to the beach for some frisbee. ...

Join Date Dec 2006
    Location Newark, Ohio
    Posts 1,761

New corgi commercial

Or, at least it is to me...the Celebrex one..where the guy takes his dog to the beach for some frisbee. They meet up with other dog owners and one of them is a corgi; and a pem to boot! A rather chunky looking one it appears. Or, I guess I should say about as large as my dog. LOL!
    Join Date Jul 2006
    Location SE New Hampshire
    Posts 677
    Caught it also - I had hoped to find someplace like YouTube
    Join Date Jan 2008
    Location PA
    Posts 2,637
    I was just telling a fellow pem owner friend about it yesterday. The thing I keep noticing is my what big ears the corgi has! I like big corgi ears...except when they're excersing their right of selective hearing!
    Lord Stanley's Cup AND the Lombardi Trophy in the same year, it doesn't get any better than this! Whoo-Hoo!
    Join Date Mar 2009
    Location Torrington, Wyoming
    Posts 436
    Dog(s): Leo & Randy
    Maybe the camera adds 10 pounds for Corgis too..lol. Love to see our furry friends get some air time though.
    Boo Buchheit
    Join Date Jul 2008
    Location Wisconsin
    Posts 382
    What I love is the Springer. He looks EXACTLY like my boy who passed away this week. I get excited seeing this add, cuz it's like seeing my Old Dog when he was young. The corgi is just a bonus.
    Sofapup
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Location Newark, Ohio
    Posts 1,761
    So sorry to hear the loss of your friend. At least the commercial to bring you a little joy in remembering the good times.
    Join Date Dec 2010
    Location Central Illinois
    Posts 112
    Dog(s): Finley
    I love to see the corgis in commercials too but then I worry that soon everyone will want one and then the breed gets over-bred and misused. re: everyone had to have a Dalmation at one time when Disney re-released the movie, then they get dumped back into shelters when people find out that they are not "kid friendly" dogs,etc.
    Sandy
    Join Date Oct 2010
    Posts 205
    This has nothing to do with the celebrex corgi , but there is another ad on tv that shows a corgi in a not very nice way ..the ad is for the humane society , I think. The one with roberta Flack and a series of sad shelter dogs..the corgi is really in distress and it turns my stomach that someone filmed it..poor pup is standing out in the rain and cold, shivering and filthy..so upsetting to see any dog in trouble like this , but most of the other dogs in commercial are simply sad to be in a cage , while this one is displayed in obvious neglect and inhumane conditions
    Join Date Dec 2006
    Location Newark, Ohio
    Posts 1,761
    Oh, I hope I never see that commercial. It would make me cry
    Join Date Jul 2008
    Location Wisconsin
    Posts 382
    I had the same feeling about that one. Why leave the poor guy in that state in order to film him? It seemed he should have been warmed up first, then filmed.
    Sofapup
    Join Date Feb 2011
    Location Kentucky
    Posts 36
    Dog(s): Rascal//Molly
    I hope I never see that one; their commercials always make me cry. I watched the one with the corgi on the beach I scared my husband to death when I seen it because I was so excited that there was a corgi on tv!
    Join Date Oct 2010
    Posts 205
    On a happier note , my daughter and I went to see " The Kings Speech " yesterday and were pleasantly surprised to see two corgis in the film ! What a treat
    Join Date Jul 2010
    Location Out in the Wild West
    Posts 99
    Dog(s): Milly and Lucky Lucy
    That one makes me so sad, I have to hug my corgi extra tight after that commercial and just pray that the little guy found a loving home.
    Join Date Jun 2007
    Location Omaha, NE
    Posts 339
    This has nothing to do with the celebrex corgi , but there is another ad on tv that shows a corgi in a not very nice way ..the ad is for the humane society , I think. The one with roberta Flack and a series of sad shelter dogs..the corgi is really in distress and it turns my stomach that someone filmed it..poor pup is standing out in the rain and cold, shivering and filthy..so upsetting to see any dog in trouble like this , but most of the other dogs in commercial are simply sad to be in a cage , while this one is displayed in obvious neglect and inhumane conditions
    It's actually for the ASPCA. My wife and I have seen that one plenty of times. They tend to play it a lot on the Discovery type channels....which we watch a lot of. It gets to us, too. It's bad enough seeing any animal in that situation, but seeing a beloved Corgi is just heart-wrenching.

That one makes me so sad, I have to hug my corgi extra tight after that commercial and just pray that the little guy found a loving home.
    I always do the same thing. Corgi's are so expressive (at least they seem like it to me) and you can tell he/she is suffering. The good news is, filming an animal in those types of situations is step one in removing them from that environment.
    We have two Corgi's:
    Ein
    Suki
    www.CorgiTails.com
    Join Date Mar 2011
    Location Wilmington,NC
    Posts 10
    Dog(s): High Acres Wake up Maggie(Maggie)
    This was shot right down the beach from my house.....Wrightsville Beach,NC
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: