Like Tree3Likes

Safe, indestructible, and interesting Chew Toys for Corgi

This is a discussion on Safe, indestructible, and interesting Chew Toys for Corgi within the General Corgi Discussions forums, part of the General category; Thank you for ripping to shreds the tarpaulin out the back this morning, Fos and Ebo. You've chewed up our ...

Join Date Apr 2012
    Location Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts 280
    Dog(s): Tony (me), Fos (male Cardi), Ebo (female Cardi)
    Thank you for ripping to shreds the tarpaulin out the back this morning, Fos and Ebo. You've chewed up our furniture, you've chewed up your beds, you've chewed all our plants, you've chewed up the tarpaulin... what next well you destroy? Ahhh, the puppy years - so incredibly cute yet so destructive.

I worked out that if they're 18 weeks old in two days, then that equates to the terrible two's in human years. With that in mind we know there's an end in sight so we're able to remain calm, think of all the joy they bring us and ride the destuction out.
    Join Date Mar 2010
    Location Kansas
    Posts 94
    Dog(s): Jaaxon
    Oh you cant be mad.....look at how cute they are! LOL..... Rest assured it wont last forever. Hang in there
    fosandebo likes this.
    Shannon with my "Bunny Butts"

Jaax Mayday On The River AXP,AJP, HIC, NAC, O-NCC, NJC, O-TN-N, O-TG-N, WV-N (CGC & TDI TOO) - "Jaaxon"
    Kered Mint To Be Riverside, HIC(CGC &TDI TOO) - "Ande"
    Flashpoint's Tanks To Ewe At Kered
    "Tank"
    Join Date Apr 2012
    Location Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts 280
    Dog(s): Tony (me), Fos (male Cardi), Ebo (female Cardi)
    You're right and no, we don't get mad at them. There's nothing to be gained from getting mad at them. Besides, they're so cuddly and they might not let us cuddle them so often if we got mad at them.
    Join Date Sep 2011
    Location Bay Area Ca.
    Posts 26
    Dog(s): Sushi
    If you are looking for darn near indestructible dog toys, I would suggest you go check out mydogtoy.com They have a ton of different toys in various sizes and shapes. Everything from sea creatures to barnyard animals to space aliens! And they rate them on a toughness scale from 1-10 with a 10 being the toughest.

Our little Sushi is a full time killer of anything that squeaks or has stuffing! ! ! She will make it her mission to destroy anything we give her that has stuffing and a squeaker in it, we also have a 90# lab that love to help her. This is the first stuffed toy with multiple squeakers in it that they have not been able to destroy, and let me tell you they abuse the heck out of it!!!!

It is almost 3 months old now and is still in about 97% of its original condition. At first I thought it was a little on the pricy side at I think $25.00, compared to the typical $3-$5 stuffed toys we would buy, but now I consider it money well spent and will continue to buy their products. The toy we bought has 8 squeakers in each leg/arm/tentacle ??? and one in the head/eye and is rated at an 8 on their scale, I can't imagine how long a 10 would last LOL.... Here are the links to there site and the toy we bought!

Anyone else have or use there products?

https://www.vipproducts.com/retail/files/index.php

https://www.vipproducts.com/retail/f...es/product:815

Last edited by Thantos; 05-19-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    Join Date Aug 2006
    Posts 4,320
    I have seen those toys before and they FEEL tougher.. they are very well made and I know a few people who have had great luck with them.. Dillon gives up on any toy he cannot wreck.. i have bought him a few indestructable type toys over the years and he seems to ignore them , opting to chew on the things he can rip apart LOL. I still might try something like that to see.. it looks fun!

Emilie
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Location Utah
    Posts 5,468
    Thank you for ripping to shreds the tarpaulin out the back this morning, Fos and Ebo. You've chewed up our furniture, you've chewed up your beds, you've chewed all our plants, you've chewed up the tarpaulin... what next well you destroy?
    That depends on what you leave with them. What I tell my puppy buyers is "If you don't want it chewed, don't leave it where the puppy can get it".

Which means that you need to watch them closer or put things out of their reach. (A little hard to do with furniture and plants though...)

Keep repeating "they will out grow this, they will out grow this...."

Peggy
    --
    Jim & Peggy Newman
    mailto: taflarpwc@yahoo.com
    Join Date Apr 2012
    Posts 50
    Reggie got his first ever Bully Stick today and he literally sat infront of the fireplace for 2 hours chewing away at the thing. I also ordered a few of those Tuffys toys since he needs more plush toys in his rotation. I can report back on if they last for a puppy.
    Join Date Jul 2010
    Posts 2
    My vet said nor more bones for our corgis because there chipping their teeth, so now what? Their bored, My middle corgi has started chewing up the carpet so now I have to put her back in the crate we've tried the Kong thing they don't like rubber toys and besides she'd chew that up as well..... HELP!!!
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Location Utah
    Posts 5,468
    My vet said nor more bones for our corgis because there chipping their teeth, so now what? Their bored, My middle corgi has started chewing up the carpet so now I have to put her back in the crate we've tried the Kong thing they don't like rubber toys and besides she'd chew that up as well..... HELP!!!
    Are you giving raw bones or cooked bones? Cooked ones are harder and more likely to chip teeth.

Just about anything that dogs really like to chew on has it's own hazards, antlers are hard and can chip teeth too.

Rawhide might be an option. I prefer pressed rawhide to the ones rolled and knotted.

Have you tried putting some treats or peanut butter or yogurt in the kong? You can even freeze it to make the goody inside last longer. Of course, be sure to remember that too many treats can add weight to your dog.

Peggy
    --
    Jim & Peggy Newman
    Join Date Jul 2010
    Posts 2
    I have tried the yogurt and the peanut butter.. I'm never gone for more than 4 hrs and I run them 6 times a day for at least 1/2 hr. So it's not because she's not getting enough exercise.. She really needs to chew and I think she has issues with me leaving. She did pretty good in the crate, I had a couple of rubber toys and she didn't pull them apart.. So I guess that's the solution to crate Her till she learns.. Does anyone no of a safe bone to leave with her when I'm gone???? Thanks so much Peggy for your help, Emma
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Location Utah
    Posts 5,468
    I have tried the yogurt and the peanut butter.. I'm never gone for more than 4 hrs and I run them 6 times a day for at least 1/2 hr. So it's not because she's not getting enough exercise.. She really needs to chew and I think she has issues with me leaving. She did pretty good in the crate, I had a couple of rubber toys and she didn't pull them apart.. So I guess that's the solution to crate Her till she learns.. Does anyone no of a safe bone to leave with her when I'm gone???? Thanks so much Peggy for your help, Emma
    If you put her in a crate with a kong with frozen goodies in it, it should be enough. When she's done chewing, chances are she'll have a nap.

Peggy
    emmas likes this.
    --
    Jim & Peggy Newman
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: