Bump on the nose

This is a discussion on Bump on the nose within the Health Issues & Questions forums, part of the Health & Wellness category; Hey ya'll! So Henry just developed this strange bump on the top of his nose near the hairline. It looks ...

Join Date Dec 2009
    Location Austin, TX
    Posts 29
    Dog(s): Henry

Bump on the nose

Hey ya'll! So Henry just developed this strange bump on the top of his nose near the hairline. It looks like a white pimple but it has been there for about a week. It appeared after he got neutered but I don't know if that has anything to do with a reaction to medication/pain pills they prescribed (which he has been off for 3 days). He's acting fine...happier than ever. I hope it's not doggy melanoma or anything? Any info would be great!
    Join Date Oct 2009
    Location Las Vegas, NV
    Posts 195
    Dog(s): Izi
    Hmm, that is odd. Have you called your vet yet? If not, I would give them a quick ring and see what they think. Keep us updated!
    ~Jacki~
    Join Date Aug 2006
    Posts 4,320
    Did you ever find out what the bump was? DId he get shots at the same time he went in for his neuter? ( like lepto or anything like that?) I wonder because i have heard of some dogs having some reactions to that vaccine... allergies, hive like bumps, and usually on our around the nose/muzzle.

It could be a small cyst or something. I would definately get a vet's opinion but i don't think it sounds like melanoma (aren't they generally dark in color? )

Emilie
    Join Date Dec 2009
    Location Austin, TX
    Posts 29
    I'll call them on monday but it's not so much a bump now a it is just a white discoloration. So strange...
    Join Date Aug 2006
    Posts 4,320
    hmmm a white spot? i wonder .... i wish you could take a photo of it ... i bet it would be hard to tell in a photo anyway.
    Join Date Dec 2009
    Location Austin, TX
    Posts 29
    DSCN2374.jpg

Here is a picture...you can kind of see it on the upper part in the middle next to the hairline.
    Ignore his alien eyes.....thats a different issue...
    Join Date Aug 2006
    Posts 4,320
    hmmm- hard to tell in the photo but it kind of reminds me of when Gus got a little boo boo on his eyelid ( he has dermatomyositis, so getting little boo boo spots were part of the condition before he was being medicated properly) and when the scab fell off the spot stayed whitish pink instead of black like the rest of his "eyeliner" so could it be there was a little scab there and it fell off and left the white spot?

i wonder what it is ....by the way, cute subject!

Emilie
    Join Date Jan 2007
    Location Utah
    Posts 5,468
    Looks like it "could" be a scrape or nick from sticking his nose somewhere. Could even be from a tooth if he's played with other dogs, a bush/twig or something like that.

If you're worried have the vet check it.

If this were my dog, I'd keep an eye on it and see if it changes at all.

If it seems to do anything other than heal, get into the vet to have it looked at.

Peggy
    --
    Jim & Peggy Newman
    mailto: taflarpwc@yahoo.com